Since the Superbowl is upon us, I thought it’d be only fitting to have a post reflecting a perfect game-day eat: stuffed jalapeños. If we’re being honest here, one of the main reasons I like attending Superbowl bashes is for the food (the other reasons? Halftime and commercials). I mean, a day where the norm is to nosh on a smorgasbord of (basically) bar-type foods? Count me in. These stuffed jalapeños are, in my opinion, the perfect game-day grub to snack on. Stuffed with sweet Italian sausage, goat cheese and parmesan, the creamy and hearty filling is a fantastic contrast to the crunch of the jalapeño and crispy Panko topping. I hope you guys enjoy these!
Sausage + Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Prep the jalapeños by cutting in half, lengthwise, and scooping seeds and interior out.
- Make the filling: Take the sausage out of the casing by using a pairing knife to cut down the middle. Crumble the sausage into a heated pan and brown. Once browned, remove with a slotted spoon and rest on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool. (*After the sausage is cooled, if the crumbles are still too big, use your hands to break apart. Crumbles should resemble size of beans or large peas.)
- In a bowl, combine goat cheese, cooled sausage crumbles, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Begin stuffing the jalapeños (I used a tablespoon measure, as larger jalapeños generally fit about 1 Tablespoon of filling).
- Prepare topping: In a bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons butter and melt. Add 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs to melted butter and mix.
- Place jalapeños with bread crumb mixture and place in oven. Bake at 450 Degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until the interior is bubbly and bread crumb topping is golden brown.